THINKING ABOUT SPRING HOME SELLING SEASON ?
How to tell if you are ready to sell your home
Posted: January 31, 2019 by GAYLE WEBSTER
We are enjoying a proper winter here in La Plata County this season, so it may be hard to wrap your mind around selling in the spring...but there are conversations you can have and actions that you can take right now so that you sail smoothly into the prime selling season. As an aside; I wouldn't wait for the 'prime' season, I would get it on the market ASAP as there is less competition RIGHT NOW.
Quiz yourself; Questions to Help You Decide Whether Moving Soon Makes Sense
1. How much equity do you have in your home? Look at your annual mortgage statement or call your lender, if you have owned your home for a number of years you may have significant unrealized gains.
2. Has your income increased enough to cover extra mortgage costs and the cost of moving?
3. Does your neighborhood still meet your needs?
4. Can you add on or remodel? Are you one to take on the risk and headache of the remodel or add-on?
5. How is the market (call me and I'll tell you exactly what is going on in your neighborhood and beyond), will you get top dollar for your home?
6. How are interest rates? Lower rates increase your own buying power and usually increases the buyer pool for selling your home as well.
In Durango, Bayfield, and Beyond, I am monitoring the market in your neck of the woods SW CO. I am never too busy to take your call, to schedule a time to tell you all about recent sales activity, pricing your home, and marketing to today's buyer. You can also visit www.?GotHouseDurango.com? to set up your own search portal, save your favorites and more. It has all my listings and ?all of my competitor's listings at your fingertips. Looking forward to hearing from you!